Mobile Banking Tips
Our Mobile Banking page has all the basics to get you started with the Sterling State Bank Mobile App. This page gives you app updates, setup instructions for those updates, lists frequently asked questions, and other general information as our app continues to evolve. If you have specific questions that aren't answered below please call 507-282-1845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the steps for Instant Balance on a mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Mobile Banking allow me to do?
This service provides convenient access to your online banking information using a mobile device (phone or tablet).
Where can I use Mobile Banking?
- Text Banking: using SMS with a bank specific number
- Mobile internet browser: using your mobile devices internet browser to view a mobile compatible version site displaying your account information
- Mobile Banking app: an app specifically designed for your mobile device (iOS and Android)
- Mobile Banking tablet app: an app specifically designed for your tablet (iOS and Android)
How do I sign up?
We require our customers to be enrolled in Online Banking. Within Online Banking, you will be able to sign up for this service.
There are 2 ways to sign up for Mobile Banking once you have signed up for Online Banking.
- Search for "Sterling State Bank" in your phone or tablet app store.
- Download the app and sign in using your Online Banking information.
- For Text and Web services, log into Online Banking
- Then, click on Options
- Click Enroll Now in the Mobile Banking section
- Read through and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Click Continue
- Check the boxes next to the Mobile Browser and Text Messaging services and follow the prompts
- You will then receive text messages providing the last set of instructions.
Is there a fee to use Mobile Banking?
No, we do not charge for using this service.
What accounts can I access?
Currently, only personal accounts are available. This includes: checking, savings, money market accounts, and loans.
Do I need a data plan on my mobile device to use Mobile Banking?
A data plan is only required if you wish to use the Mobile Site and the Apps. By using Text Banking, you are only required to have an SMS plan with your carrier. Message and data rates may apply.
How do I access Mobile Web?
- Log into Online Banking
- Click Options
- Under Mobile Banking, click 'Manage Devices'
- On the main menu, under 'My Devices', find your phone number then select 'Get a Link to the Mobile Banking website' from the dropdown menu
- Click go
- You will be directed to the url
What is my login information for Mobile Banking?
You will use your existing login information for Online Banking to access your accounts via Mobile Banking.
How do I use mobile deposit?
- Sign your name on the first endorsement line. Then, below your signature, write:
FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT - STERLING STATE BANK.
- Open our app and log in
- Tap Deposits
- Tap Deposit Check
- Choose which account the check should be deposited into
- Enter the deposit amount, then tap Continue
- Follow the instructions and take a photo of the front and back of the check
- Confirm the deposit information and tap Yes or No
- We will provide a confirmation when we receive the deposit and communicate with you if there are any questions or issues.
How long do I keep my deposited checks for?
Please verify the check was deposited, once it has been verifed you should keep your deposited checks for fourteen (14) days and then destroy or shred.
Are there limits to how much I can deposit?
Yes, you are limited to depositing $2,500 daily.
Are there limits to how many checks I can deposit?
No, as long as the total amount remains below the daily limit of $2,500.
What types of checks can I deposit?
Any check that is payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. bank. The check must be made payable to the account holder and endorsed by the account holder.
What types of checks are not allowed for deposit?
- Checks made payable to someone that is not listed as an accountholder
- Any type of alteration of the front of the check that appears to be suspicious or fraudulent.
- Checks drawn from non-U.S. banks and/or in non-U.S. currency
- Travelers checks, money orders, or savings bonds
- Issued by the Treasury Department
- With information missing from the MICR line (bottom of the check were the routing number, account number, and check number are located)
Is there a minimum requirement for my device's operating system?
These are the operating system versions necessary to use Mobile Banking.
Minimum Android version to use Mobile Web and Text Banking: 4.4
Minimum Android version to use App: 4.4
Mobile Deposit requires a device with at least a 2-megapixel camera
Minimum iOS version to use Mobile Web and Text Banking: 8.0
Minimum iOS version to use App: 8.0
BlackBerry (non-touch screen devices) minimum OS version to use Text Banking: 4.2
BlackBerry (touch screen devices) minimum OS version to use Text Banking: 4.7
BlackBerry minimum OS version to use Mobile Web: 6.0
How long will it take for my deposit to be processed?
Deposits are normally processed same business day if they are received before 2:30pm CST. If they are received after 2:30pm CST, they will be processed the next business day.
Please allow for up to three (3) business days for funds to be available in your account when using mobile deposit.
Apple, the apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
By using mobile banking, you agree to the terms and conditions presented during enrollment.