How To: Submit a Mobile Deposit
March 6, 2018
Mobile Deposit is great if you lead a busy lifestyle, are on the go, or don’t feel like getting out of your PJ’s to deposit a check!
Mobile Deposit is quick and can be completed with these simple steps:
Step 1: Sign your name on the endorsement line
Step 2: Write “For Mobile Deposit - Sterling State Bank” below your signature
Step 3 - Sign into mobile banking
Step 4: Click on "Deposit" in the bottom toolbar, then "Deposit Check" at the top
Step 5: Choose the account, enter the check amount, take a clear picture of the front and back of the check
Once you confirm, Viola! You’re done!
We will communicate with you if there are any questions or issues.
Frequently Asked Mobile Deposit Questions:
How long do I keep my deposited checks for?
Please verify the check was deposited, once it has been verified you should keep your deposited checks for fourteen (14) days and then destroy or shred.
Are there limits to how much I can deposit?
Yes, you are limited to depositing $2,500 daily.
Are there limits to how many checks I can deposit a day?
No, as long as the total amount remains below the daily limit of $2,500.
What types of checks can I deposit?
Any check that is payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. bank. The check must be made payable to the account holder and endorsed by the account holder.
What types of checks are not allowed for deposit?
- Checks made payable to someone that is not listed as an account holder
- Any type of alteration of the front of the check that appears to be suspicious or fraudulent.
- Checks drawn from non-U.S. banks and/or in non-U.S. currency
- Travelers' checks, money orders, or savings bonds
- Issued by the Treasury Department - With information missing from the MICR line (bottom of the check were the routing number, account number, and check number are located)
Latest News Updates
Browse here to read up on what is happening at Sterling State Bank. Everything from building the community, How-To's, events, fundraisers, awards and more.
Be the first to get our updates by liking our Facebook Page!
Sterling State Bank